To start blogging any one needs a domain. They don’t even care that which domain they should prefer they just purchase a domain which feels cool and nice to read. Almost everyone while purchasing a domain is a newbie and he/she don’t think about SEO which would effect your traffic. If you ask bloggers about “Which domains to choose and if it affect site SEO then they would probably reply that domain doesn’t matters at all. But according to me there is a big secret of SEO behind choosing domain. Confused?
Have you heard about keywords which are very important to get your site’s article at the top rank in search engine.
Tips which domain to Choose, Domain effects on SEO
You have searched on google thousand of times. Have you ever noticed the search results. Google finds the articles by using the keywords that a user types on Google Search.
Google sees these things while filtering a search result to see that if keywords are appearing or not.
- Article Heading
- Site Name (If article heading is small enough to give space to Site name)
- Meta Description
- Site backlinks
- Site domain name
- Page Rank etc
Now we would concentrate on 5th point. If you read some articles which would tell you how to optimized search engines. Then you will find that they also mention that “Article permalink should contain focus keyword so that search sentence would match your permalink”. You know that in search engine results there is site url before permalink. Now you can conclude that if it matches your domain name too then it would raise your SEO.
Have a look on this above screen shot. The circled words are the site’s name and site’s url. As you can see that the searched sentence has matched with the site’s url and the site’s name. It is now proved that Domain name effects Site SEO heavily.
Things to keep in mind while choosing domain:
- Don’t use lengthy name : Choosing lengthy name would hide your article’s permalink and main keywords in search results.
- Choose related to your niche (Highly important) : If you want to run a blog related to mobile then think and choose domain which has mobile word.
- Don’t use words which are non-related to your niche : The biggest mistake I have done that I have used the word “Addiction” in my site’s domain as the word addiction has no relation to my site’s SEO.
- Go for top level and international domains like .com , .net , .org : One more mistake I have done that I have used .in as it was cheap @Rs.99 only :p . Don’t register domains referring to as specific country for example .in , .pk , .uk , etc. Try to use top level domain and don’t use a sub-domain like .blogspot.com . As it makes your site url a bit long and adsense also accepts .blogspot only if the site is too good.
- Don’t register a domain with different extention if it is already registered : For example : Using www.example.org even it is already registered with .com then your visitors may go to www.example.com by mistake. As people have a habit to open .com website.
Domain effects on SEO Conclusion:
Now you have understood that using the word related to your niche in your site domain Effects SEO. So, it should be chose according to your niche only don’t be in confusion that it won’t affect SEO.
That’s all hope that you will register domain wisely. Please let me know if any point is left over. Give your feedback as comments.